Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Waiting On A Wednesday: Never Never by Colleen Hoover

Never Never by Colleen Hoover

Book 1 of the Never Never series

Best friends since they could walk. In love since the age of fourteen. 
Complete strangers since this morning. 

He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it's been a while since I've done one of these- actually, it feels like forever. Schools just started and I have to say that it feelings like I'm approaching my impending doom. Anyway, back to today's book for my Waiting On A Wednesday post: Never Never by Colleen Hoover.

I picked up this book a while back and read it with a little reading group on Goodreads, and I have to say I have kind of mixed-feelings about it. Basically, this book is about this boy named Silas and a girl named Charlie. They've been in love since they were young (the best friends turned boyfriend type of thing) and then one day, poof, they forget everything and can't remember what happened, who they are and who the other person is. They become total strangers, but for some reason, even with their memory gone they're still drawn together so this book is about how they try to find out what's happened. (Spoiler alert: this is only part 1! There's a part 2 to this book that came out not too long ago if I'm not mistaken.)

The thing about this book is that while I love the premisis of the story, the actual thing wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Maybe because I built it up in my head and set a such high expectation for it, but whatever it was, the book just didn't really do it for me. It's not a terrible book, and I don't dislike it, it's just that I don't love it.

I promise I'll do a full review of this book soon - I know I've been saying this about all the books I talk about but I promise I'll get down to it someday. In the mean time... *whips out popcorn and laptop and starts binge watching Freaks and Geeks* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!