Friday, July 3, 2015

Guest Blogger Interview: Jemma from Lime-Light-Literature!


So today I thought I'd try something a little different. My lovely friend Jem (whose blog link and IG link is below) and I decided to do a little interview just to get to know each other a little better as well as to let you guys know us better as well! Basically, every Friday I will be uploading a little Q&A with various bloggers -it may be the same bloggers or different, but it's just really for us to get to know each other better! This is a bit of a new segment on my blog, so I hope you enjoy it!

1.   Can you introduce yourself a little bit?
My name is Jemma – most people call me Jem. I turned 16 years old on the 1st of July! I have a crazy obsession with books, tea, movies and the performing arts.

  2.What is your all-time favorite book? Why?
My all-time favorite book...hmm… I would have to say either:
·       The Coincidence Of Callie and Kayden – Jessica Sorensen
·       My Life Undecided – Jessica Brody
·       Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
Honestly, these books are just so realistic both in the sense of time but also what the characters are like and their instinctual reactions. Plus, the storylines of all three books are easy to follow along with and just a heap of fun!

  3. What made you decide to start blogging?
It was actually my best friend who inspired me to begin blogging. She had always wanted to start her YouTube channel which she has started this year, I guess that gave me an extra push to put my opinions out there and see what people thought. To my complete surprise, people were actually reading my reviews and have been following along for 7 months now! It’s almost unbelievable!

  4.What are you favorite books so far this year that you have read?
This is actually difficult to answer so I shall give you my top 5:
a)     Anna and The French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
b)     My Life Undecided – Jessica Brody
c)     The Coincidence Of Callie and Kayden – Jessica Sorensen
d)    One Night: Promised – Jodi Ellen Malpas
e)     The Lost Prince – Julie Kagawa

  5.Any particular favorite authors?
Stephanie Perkins, Jodi Ellen Malpas, Amanda Hocking and Jessica Sorensen.

  6. What are your favorite male characters in books/top 5 I-wish-you-were-real swoon worthy male character?
Alrighty! My top 5 I-wish-you-were-real swoon worthy male characters:
a)     Miller Hart – One Night: Promised
b)     Ethan Chase – The Lost Prince
c)     Étienne St Clair – Anna and The French Kiss
d)    Gabriel De’Angelo – From Harvard To Whoredom
e)     Christian Grey – Fifty Shades Of Grey
Honestly, that may have been the hardest list I’ve ever had to make!

  7.    Are you more the type of person to put bookmarks into your book and try to make sure it looks brand new OR more of the type to fold the edges and not use bookmarks?
A bit of both. I recently made a heap of bookmarks and I think I mainly use bookmarks more but I use to fold the corners of pages.

  8.    Any particular favorite places to read? Why?
There’s this one hill that overlooks a bunch of trees near my house and it’s just beautiful to go read up there with my music and a blue sky above me. The sky sort of acts as a blank canvas for my mind to wander about in.

I also enjoy going to the city and finding somewhere to read whether it be the library, food court of a small park nearby. I think it is because I enjoy being able to escape my usual reading place which is my room.

  9.    What is your favorite genre of books? Why?
Young Adult or Adult books because they are more up my alley, but if they include Romance then I am head over heels in love!

  10.If your house was burning down and you could only pick one book to bring out with you, which would you bring?

Such a cheeky question! I would have to take Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins because it honestly had so many emotions throughout it and it was such a beautiful adventure. Plus, Étienne St Clair is my dream boyfriend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can find Jemma at her lovely blog: http://limelightliterature.blogspot.com.au/ , as well as at her Instagram page instagram.com/bookishromantic!

I hope you've all enjoyed todays post !
Other book bloggers, if you would like to do something similar do drop me a little note in the comments below, send me an email at thatcrazybookobsession@gmail.com or at my social network sites below!

Instagram: instagram.com/thatcrazybookobsession
Twitter: twitter.com/evergracefully

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!