Monday, August 3, 2015

Something Fun To Do: Bookmarks

So today I thought I'd do something a little different- this isn't a review or anything but it's definitely book related!
Recently, I've been buying a lot of bookmarks just because I hate to bend my books or fold the pages - I'm super neurotic about this and I absolutely can't stand it if my book becomes dog-eared! Hence I've been on the look out for a place to get good bookmarks and I think I've found it!

I present to you the best place to get bookmarks......Canadian Tire! And no, I'm not joking.
I know what you're thinking: Canadian Tire? But isn't that a tire store? Has she finally gone crazy? But I kid you not. Despite common assumption (okay maybe not common assumption but at least for me), Canadian Tire does not only sell tires! Mind blowing right?

I went into Canadian Tire and found these little colour charts, like for when you want to choose the colour for your wall and grabbed a whole bunch! Their the perfect size and shape, and they come in a whole range of colours and sizes depending on which brand you choose. And the best part: they're absolutely free!

Canadian Tire probably isn't the only place you can get them - I'm pretty sure you can grab some at any hardware store/interior design store and possibly at Arts & Crafts stores! These little colour charts (or palettes) are the perfect size and shape for bookmarks, and they look really pretty!

I had a lot of fun at the hardware store picking out the various colours and sizes- each brand has a different range of colour schemes! 

                           

They all come in different shades and some are more rectangular while some are broader - there's so many to choose from!

Hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! 

1 comment:

  1. I have soo many unused bookmarks, I think I'm the only one who memorizes the page number of where I'm at haha. This is a really cute idea though :)

    mimi | Book Fanatics

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!