Friday, August 21, 2015

Interview Fridays: Jem from Lime Light Literature (Round 4)


Hey! It's Friday and you know what that means.....interview time! Today is our 4th and last round of Q&A for me and Jem, and after this we'll be announcing something fun that hopefully you guys will all enjoy as much as this!

Anyway, here is the Q&A! As usual, links are below.


1.     What books have you read so far this month? Any favorites?
My August TBR consisted of 4 books, 2 of which I have read already.
I read Oleah Chronicles: Truth by Michelle Johnson which in all honesty isn’t my normal type of
read BUT I am sooo happy I did read it! The storyline and characters were all so captivating. I will 
admit there were a few times I cried. GUILTY AS CHARGED haha
I look forward to the recently announced sequel!

I also read If I Stay by Gayle Forman and WOW. I finally realise all the rave around it! The writing
style was so different but I really enjoyed the perspective and flashbacks. I definitely cannot wait to
get the rest of the series!

2 2. Which book character do you think you relate to the most/and are most similar to? From which book?
Damn, this is a hard one…I think I am most similar to Sydney from Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. My reasons for this are that I find a lot of myself in her in the sense that I like to stay home and be in my own company. My passion for songwriting is easy relatable to Sydney.
Final reason: Ridge. I mean come on. Is there any other reason, he’s intelligent, witty, romantic, adorable and he really opens your eyes up to the life without hearing.
Tbh, I’m so obsessed with Griffin Peterson’s music, it has become the only thing I listen to most days.

3 3. Who are your top 3 favourite female characters? Why?
·      Sahara Winters – From Harvard To Whoredom by Candice X. Sahara is from such a different background to most of us and I completely admire her strength to go through with what she has.
·      Angel Seriki & Mrs Seriki – Oleah Chronicles: Truth by Michelle Johnson. Honestly, this family has to endure so much throughout the story, both these characters have developed incredibly as the story progresses!

4 4. Do you set a goal for the number of books you read per month or do you just pick up whatever you see when you want?
When I first began book blogging and really got into the avid reading side of things, I was just picking up a book whenever I felt like it.
However, I am an incredibly organized person and I like to set myself a schedule/deadline so I try to read a maximum of 4 books each month or 5 if I’m lucky enough to read quite a quick and small one.


   5. Do you prefer reading hardcover books or softcover books? Why?
Well to be completely honest, I don’t have a huge amount of hardcover books though I wish I did have a lot more. So you can imagine that I read a lot of paperbacks instead but I do enjoy the hardcovers more, due to the spines not bending so easily and there are just so many beautiful hardcovers out there!

6 6. If you had to pick one genre to read that wasn’t YA, what would you choose?
Young Adult, I do have a few New Adult books and I love them so much. Not only because they are full of swoon-worthy sexy men but also because there is just something beautiful about the characters connection.

For example, Fifty Shades Of Grey by EL James.
It’s the book that everyone thinks is purely all about sex, sex and more BDSM. Whereas I find it to be more about Ana and Christian’s connection - how she uncovers his secrets and opens him up to a better light.

7 7.   What’s your favorite non-YA genre book? Why?
One Night Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas. I mean the story honestly couldn’t get much sexier, emotional and the characters really developed well. Can’t wait to read One Night Denied and One Night Unveiled.

8 8. When you read, do you listen to music? Any particular songs?
Yes! I love listening to music when I read! It’s calming and relaxing to read along with. As I said in Question 2, I have been listening to Griffin Peterson a lot, as well as Iwan Rheon – Game Of Thrones FTW! and I listen to a lot of Christina Perri and Ellie Goulding – BAES <3

9 9. Is there a certain time you prefer to read (weird question I know but I feel like it’s important ;)
I read during my lunch breaks and just before I go to bed each night.

10. If you could recommend one book to a person who hates to read, which book would you recommend and why?

Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. A light, humorous contemporary romance that is sure to win anyone over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that's it for this weeks Q&A session!

You can find Jem at her lovely blog limelightliterature.blogspot.com or at her instagram instagram.com/bookishromantic

Other book bloggers, as always, if you would like to participate please drop me an email at thatcrazbookobsession@gmail.com or drop me a little note on my social network sites below!

Instagram: instagram.com/thatcrazybookobsession

Twitter: twitter.com/evergracefully


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!