Thursday, June 25, 2015

TBR of the Week: Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Sánez 

Synopsis:

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had this book for the longest longest time, but I've just never gotten down to reading it. Why the sudden interest in reading it now, you ask? Well, some of my lovely friends on Instagram highly recommended this book to me, and I've been looking for a good read for the summer to curl up with on the beach, so I've decided to try this book. But first, let me start of by saying how beautiful this cover is! When I first heard of this book, the first thing that drew me in was not the title nor the description of it, it was the stunning book cover! This book is probably has one of the prettiest book covers I've ever seen. You know the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" Yeah, that's totally me. Everytime I see a pretty cover at the bookstore, it's like moths being attracted to light - I zoom right over and pick up the book. Bad habit I know,  but I can't help it.

After reading other bloggers review of this book though, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be reduced to a blubbering-mess after this. Especially after reading The Book Smuggler's review on this book:

"I think the best thing I can say about the book is how I can see Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe as a book that can be picked for a lit class to be dissected for its craft and examined for its themes BUT only after the reader is able to recover from becoming a blubbering mess of FEELINGS and ensuing powerlessness to form coherent thoughts all because they identify so much with the story."

Get me a box of tissues and I'm good to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!