Monday, June 8, 2015

Book Review: End Of Days by Susan Ee

End Of Days by Susan Ee

Book 3 of the Penryn and the End Of Days Series

Description:
After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?


Okay let me start of by just saying how beyond excited I was for this book. I absolutely loved Angelfall and World After and Susan Ee is one of my favourite authors of all time. I will read anything she writes. Seriously. Even her grocery lists. But that being said, this book was a touch disappointing. Maybe it was just that I had high expectations for this books, or maybe it was just me being overcritical but I didn't love it as much as I liked the previous two books. Don't get me wrong, I still really liked it, and it was pretty good, just not as good as I thought it would have been. I was expecting something more along the lines of mind-blowing, earth-shattering holy-shit-is-this-even-real type of thing, the type of book that brings you on an emotional rollercoaster. This book was satisfactory and it wasn't terrible but I refuse to believe that such a great series like this one to end this away.

Angelfall had so much emotional connection with the reader, and you really felt for the characters in the book whereas by the time you finish reading End Of Days, you're like "WAIT WHERE ARE THE MISSING CHAPTERS? GOD-DAMMIT GIVE ME THE MISSING CHAPTERS" That was literally me by the end of the book. I thought some of the pages dropped out of it or something and when I found it that that was all there was I just about went berserk.

None of the scenes in End Of Days particularly spoke out to me; there were no heart felt moments nor were there any parts where you feel like screaming or your heart aches for the characters. None. Zilch. Zero. Am I the only one who feels like this book deserves way more?

This really isn't the type of review I thought I'd write for End Of Days, and I'm kind of hoping that Susan Ee is pulling a prank or something and tomorrow she's gonna announce" TRICKED YOU NOW HERES THE REAL BOOK" Ah, good dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!