Friday, March 4, 2016

It's been a while but I'm back!

So.. it's been a while, least to say, but I'm back! It's been a hectic year so far with just about, oh, I don't know, a thousand and one exams or so but here I am *pushes stacks and stacks of textbooks from the table*

Since I've been gone for quite a while, I thought I might do a quick sum up of the books I've read since I last posted (I'm so excited for this - I've picked up some really, really good books recently that I've really loved!) Some aren't quite my usual genre, but I still really enjoyed them (you'll see)

Without further ado, here's what I've read in the last few months or so:


  1. Winter by Marissa Meyer 
I didn't actually enjoy the first book of the series, but as I read on, I grew to like each book more and more! - I loved this last installment of the series of the most, partly because it was when all the little parts of the story came together and all the characters met, and partly because my OTP for this story finally came together : Cress & Thorne! But if you haven't read it yet, I won't spoil it for you :) 









2. Colleen Hoover 




So as you can see I may/may have not gone on a little Colleen Hoover reading spree - it was just so hard to put down after the first book! I'll admit, I wasn't too sure about the books at first but once I started I just couldn't stop! I read Ugly Love and Hopeless in addition to the books above, but I'd have to say out of all of them my favourite would be either Maybe Someday or Confess. I love the characters so much and all of Colleen Hoover's books are a great romance to read! Some of them are a little more serious than the others, be warned. 

3. This Shattered World/Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner 
 
Again, I don't quite remember loving this series as much as I did when I read it this time round. I thought the first book was okay ; it wasn't terrible but it wasn't very striking to me but this series is one of those that the magic only starts to come in around the second or third book. By the second book you start to see how the story comes together and how everything is related, and I really like that about this book!

4. Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
Okay so this is the book that is a little different from what I read - it's not the usual YA book by any means. Wait actually, scratch that. It's not a YA book at all, it's a fiction book but I just couldn't resist putting it on here because it's so, so, so good! The characters, the plot, the depth of the characters..... the list could just go on and on!

I have so much more to say about this book, so I'll leave it here for now but I'll definitely post a review later!









5. Stolen by Lucy Christopher 
Again, not my usual type of book. When I first read it actually, I was a teensy weensy bit disturbed by it if I'm honest. The book is written as a letter from this girl who was kidnapped by this boy, and she recounts everything that happens as she writes a letter to him the night (or day? Never mind, doesn't really matter) before he goes to court to receive his sentence.

I felt like it was a bit of a tough book to take initially, but the second time I read it I absolutely loved it. It's quite intense and heavy, but I love the plot and characters and would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a good read. - mind you, it may not be for everyone but it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave any comment below just to say hi or to drop me a little message - I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!